Wearing your hair in a ponytail is a daytime, simple and carefree look, but over the past few seasons ponytails have become a look we see at night and even on the red carpet. Turning your casual, daytime ponytail into a done-up, evening look is very simple.
Go from day to night in a few easy steps:
- Start by removing your hairband.
- Turn your head upside down while running your fingers through your hair, fluffing up your roots.
- Flip your hair back over and section it in half.
- Work through the top section of your hair with a teasing or fine-tooth comb to create volume at your roots.
- Gather your hair into a high ponytail at the back of your head.
- Curl your entire ponytail by taking small sections of hair and wrap them around the curling iron.
- Start some curls higher than others to create a natural look.
- Take a small section from the bottom of your ponytail and wrap it around the base to cover the hairband.
- Secure this section of hair by sliding a bobby pin through it and into the base of your ponytail.
- Finish the look by slightly pushing the base of the ponytail up on your head to create extra volume and a slightly looser look.
- Finish the look with a medium hold hairspray to keep your waves lasting throughout the night.
Emma Ramsey- Style Guru GKhair