After the holiday season, comes all the sales, all the diets, and all the resolutions. Starting the year, or the week with a new diet, a new workout plan, or a new resolution is said to be cliché and the recipe for failure. My advice is to start the year with a twist on the way you did something last year.
This week try curling your hair with your flat iron.
Creating waves and curls with a flat iron may take some practice but these tips will make this look totally achievable.
- Begin at the nape of the neck in larger sections than if you were using the iron to straighten your hair
- Hold the iron at in a diagonal position
- Begin curling half way down the hair shaft
- Make smooth turns as you twist the iron down the hair shaft
- Do not hold the iron on the hair as you will create dented waves
- For a tighter curl tilt the iron in a more horizontal position
- Curl the hair back away from the face
- Separate the waves with your fingers to create a looser look
Try creating waves and curls with this new method for a new look for the new year.
Emma Ramsey- Style Guru GK