Lauren Conrad is always very well put together; her style represents simplicity and city chic. When it comes to trend setting, this former reality TV star is an accessory, hair and beauty trend setter. Known on The Hills for her headbands, The City for braids and twists and more recently for the ombré and top knot looks. Dressed here in a flowy beige silk blouse and flared navy skirt from her line Paper Crown, classic nude Louboutin’s and a beige Chanel bag. Her look is simple, chic and far from overdone. Conrad is known for her wearable looks that make her easy to look up to and relate to. Here her makeup is classic and elegant; bold eyebrows, rosy cheeks, cat eye eyeliner and red lips. Her hair is the statement and focal point of the look; a large flat top knot.
To create this look:
- Begin with clean or dirty hair, like most updos this look will hold well when the hair is not freshly washed.
- To create volume and a less ballerina look, tease the roots all over the head.
- Pull the hair back and up into a ponytail; you can create the top knot as high and far forward as you would like.
- Secure the ponytail tightly with a thin hairband.
- If you hair is not very long and you want a large top knot you can add ponytail extensions.
- Begin to wrap the hair around the base of the ponytail; do not twist the ponytail.
- Wrap the hair loosely, creating large circles and not tightly to create height.
- Secure the end by sliding bobby pins through the ends of the ponytail into the base of the top knot. Be sure not to slide the ends in too far as you will create height and loose the width of the top knot.
- Do not worry about a few loose hairs in the top knot.
- Finish the look with a light hold hairspray and secure and flyaways around the face with a serum.
Emma Ramsey- Style Guru GKhair