Hair straightening is considered a marvel for quite some time now. In the world of hair styling another very similar term is used, hair smoothening or straightening. These are done when you have extremely curly, frizzy or unmanageable hair that can not be tamed by regular conditioner or hair care. People normally opt for this treatment to achieve that smooth and glossy look.
However, both of these treatments are different – Hair Smoothing and Hair Straightening. To know about these two in details, scroll down for more.
Smoothing is something we do to tame dull and frizzy hair. It can be termed as a primary hair care treatment for hair smoothening and prevention from any sort of dullness or roughness. It can also be done to tackle the problem of split ends. After this treatment extremely curly hair looks straight-wavy and wavy to naturally hair looks moderately straight. The smoothing cream temporarily restructures the bonds of the hair giving a silky smooth to the hair. The process of hair smoothing is enumerated below.
- Wash hair twice with the PH+ Shampoo.
- Towel dry hair and comb through with Vent Brush sectioning hair into 3 parts.
- Apply “Hair Smoothing Treatment” with application brush.
- Comb through entire head making sure that hair is thoroughly saturated staying with the cream
- Let sit 15-60 minutes (From 15 minutes for fine, wavy hair to 60 minutes for thick, coarse, tight curls).
- Rinse hair with warm water until water runs clear. If hair is over processed or red, rinse with Moisturizing Shampoo.
- Blow dry hair straight on high heat
- Section hair and flat iron at 450 degrees/230 Celsius. If hair is over processed flat iron at 400 degrees/200 Celsius, ends of hair should be flat ironed with a bend.
Hair Smoothing Vs Hair Straightening
Normally people consider hair smoothing and hair straightening similar but they are not completely. Hair smoothing is way easier process than hair straightening. Straightening involves higher rate of chemical abuse which can damage the hair in long run and it will look dull in six to seven months after permanently breaking the bonds of the hair. Whereas smoothening the hair will naturally go back to the normal state while protects hair health too. If you want to go for a shiny frizz free yet slightly wavy look, hair smoothing is going to be the best bet. However, if you want a stubborn straight look then we would suggest you to go for straightening.
Hair smoothening or Hair Smoothing Treatment is your go-to option for reaping several benefits and staying with more of a natural look. It gives you the freedom of styling with numerous options that can easily be done on smoothened hair. Poker straight hair at times looks too artificial and also gives the impression of flat hair. if you talk about the cost factor, smoothening is way cheaper than straightening.
The process of Hair Smoothing Treatment is simple and can be done in a day while straightening involves multiple sessions. It is a common observation that hair once straightened would turn dull n dry after the effect wears off because of heavy chemicals and heat. While in case of hair smoothening, hair stay soft and manageable even if the effect wears off.
Though Hair Smoothing/smoothening or straightening is a personal choice however we would suggest you to opt for Hair smoothing for a natural look and healthy frizz free hair. But if you are more inclined towards poker straight hair look then straightening is your best bet.