When a busy night lies ahead, sometimes you just need a stylish low-maintenance style that gets hair up and out of the way. Enter the prettied-up ponytail. To pull off the sleek ’60s style Lucy Liu recently wore, simply follow these how to steps:
- Before getting out of the shower or towel-drying your hair, squeeze out excess water and coat wet hair with a generous amount of the GKhair Serum to prevent hair from frizzing as it dries.
- Next, create a defined side part and blow-dry your hair with a flat paddle brush. (Don’t worry about getting hair super straight—this style is supposed to have some shape and volume.)
- Once hair is dry, pull back into a loose side bun and secure using a clip or bobby pins, not a hair band (which can create a kink in pre-styled hair). Let your hair sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Shake hair loose and flip with hands to create volume. To add definition to the pony, place a drop of the GKhair Serum in your palms and run through hair for a smooth finish. Quickly bring hair together in a pony on the top of your head and secure with a band. Keep hair frizz-free throughout the night with a spray of the GKhair Leave-in Spray.
- For a really polished style like Lucy Liu’s, take a strand of hair and wrap around base of ponytail until it completely covers the band. Secure ends of strand with pins.
Enjoy your new polished ponytail! Want to be included in a ‘best of’ post? Send a link of your polished ponytail in the comments and we’ll post the top looks!
Image Credit: Glamour