Creating the perfect blowdry starts right when you step out of the shower. Follow these steps for a smooth shiny finished look.
- Towel dry your hair by wrapping it up with a towel.
Tip: A turban towel is perfect for this step
- While you begin to get ready your hair will start to dry. When you let down your hair it should be damp but not wet.
Tip: It is much easier to smoothly blowdry hair that is damp and not dripping wet.
- Use a conditioning leave in spray or cream and work throughout your hair.
Tip: Even though you used conditioner in the shower this step is important in protecting your hair from the heat of the blow dryer to prevent dry damaged hair.
- Begin at the ends, working your way up the hair shaft and comb out any knots and tangles
Tip: Always use a wide tooth comb on wet hair to prevent damage.
- Section your hair, beginning at the nape of the neck and focus on one section at a time.
Tip: The smaller the section the easier and quicker the drying process will be.
- Create smooth sections by pulling the hair taught and angling the blow dryer down the hair shaft.
Tip: Always angle the blow dryer in the same direction of the hair to prevent flyaways.
To create a full look use a large round brush.
Tip: At the root area blowdry the hair in the opposite direction it will lay to create volume.
- Finish the look with a silicone shine serum
Tip: This will smooth away any flyaways and give added shine.
Emma Ramsey- Style Guru GK